2. The Competition is open to students registered in an Engineering For Kids’ Urban Innovations with Minecraft® weekly camp during the summer of 2021 (the “Camp”), scheduled to take place weekly, from June 7 to August 13, 2021.
3. To participate in the Competition, students need to obtain the permission of their parents or legal guardian as further explained in section 5 below.
4. Employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates or franchisees as well as their immediate family (brother, sister, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom these employees, agents and representatives are domiciled, are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER
5. Students’ parents or legal guardians must duly complete and sign the following consent form acknowledging they have read and understood the Competition Rules: http://bit.ly/efkminecraftbuild. This consent form should be completed before the end of the weekly Camp for the student to be eligible to participate in the Competition.
6. The Camp instructor will remit an entry form to all students at the end of the Camp (the “Entry form”) and which forms can be found here: http://minecraftbuild.engineeringforkids.com/.
7. All students will use the same partially built city map as the starting point to create their Entry.
8. At the end of each weekly Camp, students will create a video to document what they have developed in the Minecraft® game. Videos will be a desktop recording of their Minecraft® city, no longer than 5 minutes, with their voices used for narration. Students can create their video using any tool or device available to them. To be eligible, the video cannot contain the image or likeness of any students or other individuals and cannot contain any inappropriate language or content, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. Provided that the Entry form is duly completed, signed and returned to the Camp instructor prior to the end of the weekly Camp, the Camp instructor will submit the student’s video for judging.
10. The videos will be published on Sponsor’s website, along with the name of the participant’s city. The participant’s name will not be published on Sponsor’s website.
11. There is a limit of one (1) video per participant per weekly Camp.
12. Judges will review each video and judging will take place each week. Camps conclude on a Friday, and judging will begin on the following Monday. Judges will be a mixture of educators, professionals, and individuals with Minecraft® experience.
13. Participants’ submissions will be judged based on how well students have incorporated the principles of sustainability learned during that week of Camp, as well as their ability to devise innovative, forward-looking elements in their designs. Groups of students may work together to submit one video. Scoring is assessed more rigorously for pairs and groups than for individual students. Difficulty in scoring increases as more students are added to the group.
14. Weekly leaders will be announced and posted on the EFK Leaderboard on the Sponsor’s website no later than the following Sunday at 11:59 pm EST. Participants are encouraged to check the leaderboard regularly.
15. On Wednesday, September 1, 2021, three (3) grand prize winners will be announced. Grand prize winners will be recognized on the EFK Leaderboard site and be awarded the EFK Urban Innovations with Minecraft® Design Challenge trophy. The parents of the winners will be contacted by phone or email to arrange for the delivery of the honorary trophy.
16. There will also be Honorable Mentions at the end of summer based on innovative design elements and a Fan Favorite Category. Students’ and their families are encouraged to vote for their favorite submissions via this link to the Fan Favorite Vote The Minecraft Design with the most votes by September 1, 2021 will win the Fan Favorite Category.
PERMISSIONS GRANTED TO SPONSOR
17. By participating in the Competition, participants and their parents or legal guardian consent and agree:
a) To the participant’s video(s) and voice being featured on Sponsor’s websites: minecraftbuild.engineeringforkids.com and engineeringforkigs.com, along with the name of the city created.
b) To grant Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, and related entities (the “Group”) the irrevocable right and permission to reproduce, copy, edit, modify, publish, broadcast, translate, distribute and in general use the video and other material submitted for the purpose of this Competition (the “Material”) for advertising/promotional purposes, in whole or in part, in any media now known or to be known, including social media, without any limitation of territory or time and without compensation.
c) Waive any moral rights and any right of approval or comment they have or may have with regards to the use of the Material.
18. In addition, participants and their parents or legal guardian hereby warrant that they own all rights in and the video.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
19. Each participant and their parents or guardian agrees to and warrants that the Group and their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives are released and held harmless from any and all damages, losses, claims, and liabilities arising out of participation in or attempting to participate in the Competition or the publication of the Material, including but not limited to with respect to any actual or alleged invasion of privacy, defamation, or any other cause of action.
20. Entry forms and videos are subject to verification by Sponsor. Any Entry form which is incomplete, fraudulent, submitted late, showing a wrong email address or phone number or otherwise non-compliant shall be rejected and will not entitle the student to be entered in the Competition.
21. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a participant who participates or tries to participate in this Competition by using methods that do not comply with these rules or that are unfair to the other participants.
22. The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred to another person, replaced by another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash.
23. Each winner releases and holds harmless the Group and their employees, agents, and representatives from and against any damage resulting from the awarding of the prize.
24. The Group and their employees, agents, and representatives are not responsible or liable for any of the following that may limit or prevent any student’s participation in the Competition: malfunctioning of any computer component, software, or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Group and their employees, agents, and representatives are also not responsible or liable for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Competition. Sponsor does not warrant that access to or use of the Competition website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
25. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Competition in whole or in part, or to terminate it, should human intervention or an event take place that could modify or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or conducting of the Competition as provided in these rules.
26. In the event that the computer system cannot record all the entries or scores for whatever reason, or if participation in the Competition must be terminated in whole or in part before the end, Sponsor, at its sole discretion and without liability to any participant or intended participant, may proceed with the selection of weekly leaders and/or grand prize winners from among the participations duly registered or recorded or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event terminating participation in the Competition.
27. Any decision by Sponsor or its representatives regarding this Competition is final and without appeal.
28. For the purposes of these rules, the participant is the person whose personal information appears on the Entry form.
29. No communication or correspondence related to this Competition shall be exchanged with participants except as provided for in the rules.
30. If a section of these rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable, or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
31. Any attempt to deliberately damage the website of this Competition and/or any related site or to sabotage the legitimate course of this Competition constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any threats of violations, Sponsor reserves the right to reject the participant’s entries.
32. The Competition is null and void where prohibited by law. The Competition is governed by the laws in force in the province of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to the conflict of law rules, and the courts of the judicial district of Toronto (Ontario, Canada) have the exclusive jurisdiction to rule on any litigation that may arise out of the interpretation of these rules and the conduct of the Competition.
33. Mojang is not a sponsor of the Competition, has not endorsed or approved it, and is not in any way connected or associated with the Competition.
34. To remove your submission from the Sponsor’s Website, please contact marketingEFK@launchlife.com.